Fall leaf pick-up begins October 26th and is scheduled thru November 24th, weather permitting. Leaves put out after that date will not be picked up. Please have all other yard waste removed from the curbs and have your piles easily accessible. Be aware of the strength of the leaf vacuum; anything you do not want to lose should be kept away from the curbside. Remember…
NO BURNING IS ALLOWED!
In this original prairie town the first settlers lived in abandoned teepees before their homes were built Pottawatomie Indians lived southwest of Waterman when the first settlers arrived in 1835.
Surveyed and plotted in March of 1872, the town was named in honor of Daniel Waterman, General Solicitor of the Chicago and Iowa Railroad which reached Waterman in December of 1870.
Through the years, Waterman has developed many family traditions and welcomes all to share in its historic claims and family atmosphere.
Waterman Area Heritage Society Museum – Organized in 1994 by a group of citizens who wanted to preserved the history of Waterman and the family heritage of this town in DeKalb County, Illinois. The museum is open Saturday’s from 1-3pm. Check out their facebook page!
BULK ITEM COLLECTION RESUMES
Waterman residents served by DC Recycling for garbage and recycling service can begin to put out bulk or extra items. Bulk item had previously been on hold due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Those with DCRS service may place one (1) bulk item out per week. If you have more to place out, please call Customer Service (844.NEED.LRS). Please consider gradually placing out bulk items so DC’s crews can begin to catch up with an anticipated higher volume of bulk items.
- Must be in a plastic mattress cover and securely taped closed.
- Plastic mattress covers can be found at local hardware stores (Lowes, Home Depot), Walmart, Target, Storage Facility stores and online (Amazon).
- Must not exceed 4’ length and 18” diameter, and 50 pounds per roll
- Must be secured and tied (loose carpet will not be accepted)
- Four (4) rolls of secured carpet will be accepted as one bulk item
- LOOSE GARBAGE BAGS
- Must not have holes and must be tied
- May not exceed 30 gallons or 50 pounds when full
- Contractor bags are considered a bulk item